A Legacy of Elegance Since 1923
The beauty of our house is order. The blessing of our house is contentment. The glory of our house is hospitality.
The Akron Woman's City Club was established in 1923 as a place where women could meet to discuss subjects of interest, hold seminars for education, promote charitable events, and serve as a social center and meeting place for women of Akron.
Today the club remains one of the oldest and largest for women in America. It maintains a historic campus, which serves as a facility for the philanthropic, educational, cultural, civic, and social activities for the enrichment of its members and the community.
On February 8, 1923, the oganizational meeting of the Woman's City Club of Akron took place at the home of Miss Helen Wolle, who was later elected the Club's first president. Starting in July 1923, the Mason House located at 115 South Union served as the first clubhouse until the Club moved downtown in 1926. Read More